Call us +30 23740 91520 orbook now
Holidays in Afitos Halkidiki can be a unique experience. This wonderful town is built on top of a hill with endless views of Toroneos Gulf, giving the sense of an island. Along the coast there are magnificent beaches with white sand and crystal clear waters while the town with its history of many centuries ago maintains its traditional character with its cobbled streets and restored stone houses.
During your holidays in Afitos Halkidiki you will enjoy sun-kissed mornings at the seaside where you will find lively beach bars and organized facilities for relaxation and fun. In Afitos there is a pedestrian street lined with cafés, restaurants and tavernas overlooking the sea where you can relish a delicious meal or your coffee and ice cream. Stroll around the cobbled-streets and admire the beautiful architecture as well as the excellent views of the gulf.
During your stay at Stamos Hotel Holiday Accommodation in Afitos Halkidiki Greece give yourself the chance to admire the traditional elegance of this town reflected in lovely squares, churches and charming alleyways.
Afitos, Halkidiki Sightseeing & Attractions
While in Afitos you will encounter some impressive archaeological, historical and religious sites, such as:
- The Folklore Museum the ruins of ancient Afitis
- The ancient millstone quarries
- The springs of Vrysitsa and Moudounou
- The beautiful churches of the settlement
- the traditional houses, squares and narrow alleyways of Afitos
Afitos Halkidiki Greece is a great place to enjoy your Chalkidiki accommodation at and a perfect starting point for touring of the rest of Kassandra. Some of the sights you may visit are:
- The Sanctuary of Ammon Dias and the remains of the Paleo-Christian Basili ca in Kallithea
- The castle ruins and the channel in Nea Potidea
- The Apostle Paul Tower in Nea Fokea
- The Stavronikitas Tower in Sani
- The ruins of the ancient city in Polygyros
- The Sanctuary of Poseidon in Posidi
- The windmill in Kassandria
- The lake near Polychrono where the Testudinata Turtle lives
- The ruins of Ancient Mendi in Kalandra.
Afitos Beaches & Kassandra Chalkidiki Beaches
Afitos is renowned for its beautiful beaches that are lined with evergreen tress. Around the region, visitors can swim at the Afitos beaches of Varkes, Liosi, Moudounou, Afytis, Aristotelis, Valopetres. Most beaches feature organized facilities and beach bars and are ideal to spend the day at.
Other stunning beaches in Kassandra are Kallithea, Chaniotis, Chryssi Akti, Fourkas, Sani , Kryopigi, Nea Fokea, Nea Poteidea, Pefkohori and Polygyros.
From the Stamos Hotel in Afitos (Afytos), Chalkidiki, the following destinations are easily accessible:
- Thessaloniki Port: 85 km
- "Macedonia” (Thessaloniki) Airport: 80 km
- Thessaloniki Train Station: 85 km
- Kallithea Town: 3 km
- Varkes Beach: 300 meters
- Supermarket: 20 meters
- Bus Stop: 400 meters